Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Proper breathing helps flat affect

 Flat affect is where the emotions, facial expressions, and energy are blunted. It happens with various psychiatric disorders. If you breathe from the diaphragm, ribs, belly, pelvic floor, back, and chest, you have more energy and less flat affect. You may be thinking, "Don't breathe into your chest!" But you are incorrect.  Here's a video on proper breathing:




It changed my life. I'm more confident, relaxed, energized, emotionally expressive, calm, content, and even down-to-Earth. It takes a long time to fix all the various breathing issues, and Dr. Duvall has many videos correcting these things. I highly recommend them. I noticed after watching myself on video before and after fixing my breathing that I have less flat affect now. Also less monotone and better speaking voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment